Needless to say these have been challenging times. There are so many ways we have come together to support each other and our communities these past many months. Recognizing that some of us may be facing some Covid burnout, we have decided February would be a good time to do something kind for ourselves.
For example, Christie has lined up a “Galentine’s” zoom party to catch up with her friends. We’ve also heard of keen crafters joining in on free classes through the Globe Craft Club and others participating in the Canadian Cancer Society’s Dry Feb. We’ve brainstormed some ideas that we hope will inspire without breaking the bank.
Ideas for February self-care:
- Decorate Valentine’s Cookies, the Sweetest Thing sells fun ready to go kits).
- Get a massage. Many Registered Massage Therapists are still safely open for business.
- Order up some oysters. Hint: the Mermaid and the Oyster have half priced oysters on Thursdays.
- Explore Oakville’s amazing Sixteen Mile Creek Conservation Area.
- Revisit favourite movies. The Oakville Public Library has a vast DVD collection available for contactless pickup through their site.
- Pick up a bouquet of fresh flowers on your next trip to the grocers or order from Fiori Oakville for curb side pick up or delivery.
- Snuggle up with a blanket and a good book.
- Order up a ping pong table or table top kit to be used on your dining room table.
- Organize a family game night – remotely. How about a hilarious scavenger hunt? Jam Events has fun options.
- Light some candles and dim the lights for your next dinner.
- Go for a stroll in your neighbourhood or a hike in the woods.
- Put on some music and have a little jam session. There’s nothing like a little singing and dancing around your living room to make you feel better.
- Indulge your creative side: write in a journal, try your hand at painting, experiment with a new recipe, start an indoor herb garden.
- Make some delicious soup to warm your soul and your toes. Here are some great recipes to get you started: Top 10 Winter Soup Recipes
- Bake some great cookies. Here is our current favourite recipe: Salted Butter and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread